Avery Dennison Corporation – Performance Tapes Division
Feasibility study and design to correct existing building pressurization issues.
Summary of Services:
- Site visit to review and document existing HVAC equipment.
- Facilitation of a whole building air survey, with a certified air balance contractor, to quantify all building outdoor air and exhaust sources.
- Feasibility study with report to document our findings and recommendations to correct the problem.
- Preparation of Mechanical and Electrical construction documents for the project.
- Construction administration services including review of contractor submittals, response to RFI’s and project punch list.
System Design Highlights:
- Our initial feasibility study efforts identified a need for more than 350,000 CFM of make-up to rectify existing negative pressure issues.
- McHenry & Associates hands-on engineering approach uncovered inoperable systems in need of total replacement and multiple systems operating well below design specifications. This upfront knowledge enabled us to address the issues during design, avoiding costly change orders during construction.
- The mechanical design included installation of seven new roof top make-up air units for the space.
Unique Project Challenges:
- The design documents for the project were developed to allow for phased replacement and installation of new make-up air systems eliminating disruption to the owner’s manufacturing processes.
- Air distribution was carefully coordinated with the owner’s process engineering team to eliminate negative impact on their product quality.
110,000 square feet
Project Completion Date: