Canton Water Reclamation Facility Improvements
Improvements to an existing municipal wastewater treatment plant to implement the installation of the largest membrane bio-reactor system in the world.
Summary of Services:
- Site survey work to document and evaluate existing conditions.
- Project cost estimating.
- Electrical system design and process & instrumentation design.
- Construction administration and site observation reports.
System Design Highlights:
- Electrical design to reconfigure the existing 15 kV campus distribution system to accommodate new power distribution systems for new and modified buildings.
- Modifications of existing motor control centers throughout the facility for new/modified process equipment.
- Design of new motor control centers to accommodate all new process equipment.
- Design of a new upgraded SCADA system for the entire plant.
- SCADA network design included a complete fiber optic network ring and all terminal boards.
- SCADA system functional narratives were composed by our office after several meetings with the process engineer and plant operators.
Unique Project Challenges:
- The existing tunnel network had multiple water leaks that had to be addressed where several conduits penetrated tunnel walls and introduced water.
- Our electrical design required a thorough understanding of the wastewater treatment process to ensure all process and control equipment operates properly.
- The project required the treatment facility to remain in operation throughout the duration of construction. Our electrical design included provisions for construction phasing to eliminate downtime.
Project Completion Date: