Canton Water Reclamation Facility
- June 20, 2020
- Posted by: Paul Boehnlein
Canton WRF Nutrient Removal and Improvements
Upgrade and renovation of an existing water treatment facility to help The City of Canton meet Ohio EPA guidelines regarding phosphorus/total nitrogen removal.
Summary of Services:
- McHenry & Associates, Inc. worked on the Canton WRF Electrical, SCADA and Instrumentation Systems. Our office provided studies of the options for the facility and performed MEP design services based on the findings.
System Design Highlights:
- The existing SCADA system was upgraded due to age and availability of parts.
- Motor Controls were designed using low voltage Motor Control Centers (MCCs).
- Volt distribution systems were upgraded on an as needed basis.
Unique Project Challenges:
- Keeping the existing plant operational while being converted and upgraded was uniquely challenging, but vital for functioning.
Project Completion Date: