Dick’s Sporting Goods and Field and Stream Retail Stores
Several Locations Across the USA
Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing system design and construction administration services for 35,000 to 110,00 square foot retail projects. Since 2001, we have collaborated with several different architects and developers on many projects throughout the United States.
Summary of Services:
- Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing system design for site specific stores. We are the prototype engineering consultant team for the 35K small market, 50K single-level and 80K two-level prototypes.
- We provide prototype review of other consultant’s MEP documents and offer engineering assistance for developing and improving the prototype MEP systems and overall store performance.
System Design Highlights:
- McHenry and Associates, Inc has been consistently designing Dick’s Sporting Goods since 2001. The recent roll out of Field and Stream outdoor stores and combination “superstores” has been added to our portfolio. Over the years we have worked with seven (7) different architects, providing well-defined MEP documents for all stores.
- Our office works with Dick’s Sporting Goods national account vendors to coordinate the delivery of a consistent product across the U.S. We have assisted in developing California stores compliant with the ever-changing California Title 24 Energy code, including conversions to LED lighting systems and coordination with integrated electrical equipment manufacturers to improve lighting controls as new systems evolve.
Unique Project Challenges:
- The primary challenge for a Dick’s Sporting Good project is to design a store that consistently supports the Dick’s Sporting Goods brand, regardless of location. From California to Florida to Massachusetts, each store’s MEP system must operate and appear the same, but also adjust for climate and account for site specific landlord requirements.
35,000 to 110,000 square feet
Project Completion Date:
Projects from 2001 – current.