Giant Eagle Market District
Ground-up, Market District concept grocery store with a culinary school and high-end prepared food offerings.
Summary of Services:
- Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing system design.
- Construction administration and site observation reports.
- Building envelope, MEP system and refrigeration system modeling to optimize building performance for LEED certification.
- LEED design, consulting and certification application services.
System Design Highlights:
- Prefabricated powerwall design for power distribution and controls.
- Custom dehumidification rooftop unit design to handle 30,000 cfm of outside air and maintain store humidity control.
- Kitchen hood exhaust and make-up air system design.
- Building management system design for control of refrigeration, HVAC and lighting.
- Low voltage system design, including CCTV, security and sound.
- Grease waste system, domestic hot water heating/storage system, recirculating hot water and reverse osmosis filtered water system design.
- Fire protection system design complete with fire pump.
- Enhanced emergency generator system design for life safety, point of sale and refrigeration loads.
Unique Project Challenges:
- Design of an air capture return air system at the entry vestibule of the store combined with custom dehumidification rooftop air conditioning units designed to maintain neutral pressure within the store with +/-30,000 cfm of building exhaust in operation. Energy savings is achieved by only conditioning the necessary amount of outside air needed to balance the store. This innovative design was critical to achieving LEED certification.
104,000 square feet
Project Completion Date: