West Virginia University Robert C. Byrd Health Sciences Center Mechanical & Electrical Infrastructure Replacement
- The purpose of this project was to replace original (1954) Mechanical & Electrical infrastructure serving the Robert C. Byrd Health Sciences Center.
Summary of Services:
This project was completed in two design phases, each containing the following critical steps:
- Feasibility Study
- Schematic Design
- Design Development
- Preparation of Construction Documents
- Full Construction Phase Services including bi-weekly construction meetings, contract document management and site observation.
System Design Highlights:
- Two new custom air handling units totaling 140,000 cfm.
- New variable volume central lab exhaust system.
- Steam to water heat exchangers, pumps and related hydronic accessories for reheat systems and glycol heating systems.
Unique Project Challenges:
- Owner needed building to remain operational during construction.
- Mechanical room was inaccessible at the beginning of the project.
- Extensive site survey work before and during project.
Project Completion Date: